This program is defined to help SAP HANA customers to start their in-house build net-new application on top of SAP HANA quickly. Customers might have this question: "I've bought HANA, what's next?". And they might stop their creative ideas because of
1. Shortage of specialized skills or people to move innovation forward
2. Lack of diverse knowledge
3. Internal boundaries that hinder wider innovation opportunities
This program tries to leverage external innovators to build working prototype for Customers' edge ideas, so that the Customers can get multiple diverse working prototypes to start using SAP HANA.
The SAP Idea Incubator is a crowdsourcing program that connects SAP HANA Customers to Innovators community to build working prototypes for Customers’ edge ideas on top of SAP HANA with a designed process to protect details. Here is the list of value of this program:
1. Enable SAP HANA customers to crowdsource the creation of application prototypes to improve business execution;
2. Connects SAP customers to a community of innovators;
3. Invite and help innovators build working prototypes for customers' ideas on top of SAP HANA;
Anyone can join in this program, but Customers should be corporate who has interest to build application on top of SAP HANA. Innovators are subject to certain eligibility requirements (see TOU for details). The website is public. In order to review the details of each idea, you must register as a SCN member, and then accept the additional ToU. The SCN membership is free. If you do not accept the additional ToU, you will not be permitted to submit an idea or participate in any idea.
The "edge" ideas are ones that deliver significant business value, but currently fall outside of your team's ability or capacity to execute. The prototyping phase for these projects should not exceed 4 weeks. For example: replace manual process or provide recommendations by analyzing unstructured data using a combination of predictive and machine learning algorithms.
SAP Idea Incubator is a crowdsourcing program with a process to help Customers and Innovators to protect their ideas or works. It introduces three steps: Ideate, Proposal, and Prototype. Customers can select Innovator after the Proposal phase and sign additional agreements, before sharing any details. For more details, please check this page.
Proposal is a short description about the plan to implements customer’s idea. Normally, the proposal will be evaluated from the following four perspectives. Customers have the right to define their own proposal evaluation criteria.
1. SCIENTIFIC MERIT, QUALITY OF THE PROPOSED METHOD, AND IMPACT ON INNOVATION AREAS
2. QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PROPOSED METHOD TEAM TO ACHIEVE PROPOSAL GOALS
3. RELEVANCE OF THE PROPOSED METHOD TO THE IDEA
4. COMPATIBILITY WITH SAP HANA
Based on these criteria, customer will select proposal(s) to build working prototype(s).